RECIPE FOR RAW AMBARELLAS & MANGO SALAD WITH DRIED SHRIMP
This article is translated directly from a local Fanpage Bep Myl. You can read it in Vietnamese language here: https://www.facebook.com/BepMyl/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1472438989457756)
- 1 raw mango
- 3-4 raw ambarellas
- 40 grams dried shrimps
- 2 cloves of shallot, sliced thin
- Some vegetables: basil, Vietnamese mint,...
- a fistful of roasted unshell peanut
- lemon, chili pepper, garlic
- fish sauce, sugar.
- Step 1: Wash the dried shrimp, then soak in warm water for about an hour.
Next, put them in a sieve and let the water drain off; after that, pestle it by the wooden pounder. Put shrimp, a little sugar and seasoning powder into the pan with fried shallot. Stir them for some minutes, then turn off the stove and wait until they are cool.
- Step 2: Slice Ambarella and mango, chop the vegetables.
- Step 3: Making Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce: sugar+fish sauce+lemon juice
- Combine water and sugar in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice in increments until you like how it tastes
- Add fish sauce in increments until you like how it tastes
(An average ratio of Vietnamese dipping fish sauce is 1:1:1 of sugar, fish sauce and lemon juice.)
- Top with garlic and chilies (remember to put them into the fish sauce at the end of the stage so that they float on the surface and look appetizing )
- Step 4: Mix ambarella and mango with a half of Vietnamese dipping fish sauce and wait for 10 minutes, after that get rid of the excess liquid from ambarella and mango.
- When it’s ready to eat, mix the ingredients including ambarella, mango, dried shrimp, vegetables and Vietnamese dipping fish sauce together. At last, put the salad mixture into the dish, top some roasted unshell peanut and enjoy it!